donderdag 25 april 2013

My Leven order; a small review

...came in today, and I'd like to share my experience.

On April the 18th I made an order for the following:
1x CHU02 - Russian Village Church a 1.50
1x CHU04 - Church with spire a 2.00
1x GEN08 - 60's style Garage with Petrol Pump a 1.50
1x IND12 - Eastfield Mill a 2.50
1x IND21 - Shoe Factory a 3.00
1x FAR01 - Farmhouse a 1.50
1x FAR03 - Granary Store a 1.50
1x FAR09 - Tractor Sheds a 1.50
2x HUT01 - Stone 'Oast' Kiln Hut a 1.00 = 2.00
2x HUT02 - Ukrainian Hovel a 1.00 = 2.00
2x HUT03 - Russian Isba a 1.00 = 2.00
2x HUT04 - Ukrainian Timber Hut a 1.00 = 2.00
1x HUT09 - Russian Timber House a 1.50
..for a total cost of 24.50 UK Pounds
On the early evening of the same day I got a confirmation for Leven telling me that they had received my order and they would contact me soon for the invoice.

Just half a day later, on friday the 19th I got another email thanking me for my order plus a Paypal invoice, which I paid at once.

The next day, saturday the 20th, I received my shipping notice

The following models arrived this morning (thursday the 25th), taking 5 days to get from the UK to Holland (very fast, but we can only thank the mail system for that :) )





They are all of the standard of Leven I'm used to, well cast, hardly any bubbles, the ones that I saw should be very easy to remove, the only minor quibble is that church nr4 is missing its spire, but that should be easy to rectify in a next order. I've notified Mick of this, he will propably contact me later tonight or tomorrow on this. Anyone can make a mistake, so no real harm done here. All the models were individually wrapped in bubble wrap, with extra foam pellets in the box for added protection.
They are cast in a tough light cream resin, with a light chemical smell that should dissapate in the coming days. I just leave them on the terrace in the sun for a few days to air out, then take them back in so I can give them a good wash to clean off any residue.

For a total cost of 29.45 UK Pounds I'm now the proud owner of 10 Russian style houses I intend to use for Kursk, and the rest for generic European locations.

I'm a happy customer and I'd thought I'd tell you other microarmour fans. He is releasing new stuff pretty often as well, so thats another reason to keep coming back. I'm hoping he will do one or more Continental type water towers or Russian/European windmills as well. I'll mention this in my next email to him.

PS If you are wondering why the center house is on an incline, it is because the porch fairing is taped to the underside and I was too lazy to remove it :)


Edit: Mick just contacted me, spire is in the mail first thing tomorrow morning. Now thats good customer service. Reccomended!

2 opmerkingen: