zaterdag 4 april 2015

Green Stuff World Roll Maker, first trials

Well, in the end I settled for the Green Stuff World roll (tentacle) maker, cause it was by far the cheapest. The only one I could afford!

My first results sofar:
As advised, I let the greenstuff set for a couple of minutes before rolling it into a long line, watered the plates and gently rolled back and forth without the side plate, just to see what the result would be. Well, I became a master pretty quickly in worms and rat tails as they all tended to become flattend on one end. No problem though, I made some nice worms/alien snakes to use in Necromunda/Mordheim or Inquisitor from them before I just rerolled the rest into a ball and tried again. And again. And again. It took me a few tries to get the hang of it, but it is really not that hard to use. Sure, transparant ones would have been a bit easier to see how thick it would become. but this works fine too.

Just to try it out, I made a few looped cables that are drying now, in various shapes, that I can cut up later and sculpt them into the Drone or various bases of models.. When I'm further along I will probably sculpt and mould these at the scame time so I can loop them fitting to the model. I will need to do that for the cables running to the engines. So yeah, nice one.

If you'd like one too, you can get them off Ebay or from their website, Green Stuff World

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten