donderdag 4 februari 2016

Wasteland ruin progress - grey sorted

Finished sponging grey on the model all over, even inside where it is bloody hard to reach. Did the tops with a almost pure white highlight, only picking up the top and some of the other straight edges, but it hardly shows. Finished painting the rebar in the base brown tone, will do a brown wash to pick up all the crusts and then do a orange drybrush tomorrow evening. Also just finished painting (well, using a sponge) 2 weathered green doors and a wooden door with glass. Just need to clean the edges a bit. I'm thinking of doing the tiles in a Khaki colour, that seems to match the ones I saw in the bunkers and KPN building I frequented over the years.
I'm expecting a envelope with a dozen or more sheets of posters and newspapers to cut up, bathe in coffee and spread all over the floors. After that it is time for washes and final weathering, before reprimering the plasticcard edge that has worn a bit and painting it black with 2 good coats of gloss and a matte varnish to end it. I don't see a point in varnishing the model atm, It is built pretty solid and not likely to be tossed around by me anyway...

In other news, I traded a big plastic Space Marine statue on the sprue that should be here by the weekend too. I'm planning on giving it a raised base and adding 40K posters to it, so it will be easy to change the theme of the ruins to 40K/Inquisitor by just placing that in a central square or in front of a ruin.

I'm having a hard time keeping my chin up. The physical pain is getting less with each passing day, though I still have plenty of problems with my back and knee, but I and Kim have detected my mood has gotten a lot darker over the week since I got the news of my job loss. I'm having trouble enjoying my kids and even getting a bit of a temper now and then. These are the first signs of a (coming) depression for me and I need to nip this one in the butt.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. That looks fantastic!

    Best wishes for the coming mood...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thx mate. Trying to stay as positive as I can right now.

      Verwijderen
  2. That is shaping up to be an excellent piece of terrain!

    Best wishes for the coming bout with the "black dog". Make sure to get outside often, make a plan, stick with it and keep communicating.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. That is spectacular. Better and better with every stage. Hope you're able to ride out the depression.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Still plenty of stages left :) Here's me hoping that too!

      Verwijderen