maandag 18 september 2017

Feeling a bit fenced in

Spent a enjoyable sundaymorning with the girls, and a enjoyable afternoon with the guys at the dinnertable, everyone working on their own projects. Made a very enjoyable dinner for all of us, and came to the conclusion it maight be handy to make those portable worktrays if we want to do this more often, to clear the table for dinner. After that, we all exhausted the girls by tossing various footballs and what not around. After that a bit more building and swapping of ideas, and the idea in our heads that we really should do this more often

Anyhoo, as I'm still acting like a fruitfly on Red Bull, I decided to test out something I had a seen a Youtuber do, and started out making iron sheet fencing. Thx to the trusty Lego box and The Chopper with a little sanding block, making everything properly was a breeze, even if the first part took me nearly 3 hours. After that it just went quicker and quicker.


 The first 95 cm's are now done. I need to sand and trim the bases, and some smoothing here and there, but basically these are ready and can go on with the next lot. I reckon I could use about 3 metres of the stuff, so taking my own advice to heart, I doubled that to 6 metres. If I can make more then half a metre wach evening I'm more then happy.

The fences are really simple btw, scrap plastic stuck together for the bases, matchsticks of various sizes and  a small sized wavey cardboard that I picked up 1 or 2 years ago in bulk for exactly such a project as this. I think I will make a quick tutorial on them at a later date. To ease setting up, this time I'm opting for a lot more 20cm sections of fence. I will do a lot more of those, plus corners, inverted corners, short bits, damaged bits and I'll make the sure the gate(s) will be a seperate piece flanked by concrete pillars. That way I can make a African gate, a Vietnamese gate, a UN Compound gate, a Russian base gate, a German company gate and anything else really. With some of the larger BBQ matches I should be able to make a covered area to park trucks and tanks and supplies and stuff.

I think I will spend the rest of the evenings this week with the radio on, churning out sections of fence with a few damaged and oddball panels in between. It's amazing that again I'm having the most fun scratchbuilding stuff with just wood, glue and paper. Well, not that amazing if you know me, but hey.

Oh, and the top of the fence will be topped off with some barbed wire, will make a small groove for that later and just epoxy it in place.....no rush to do all that now.

Yup, today was a good day.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten